Partner. Impact. Thrive.
GETF’s result-oriented approaches stem from over 30 years of cross-sector, international experience in fostering innovation to deliver local solutions that create global impact.
GETF is a service-oriented organization - often functioning as a launch pad for high potential new ideas looking for a home to incubate and flourish.
Areas of Expertise
Over the past decade our award-winning partnerships have improved water security for over 10 million people.
Water is a building block to thriving communities, healthy ecosystems and a sustainable world.
GETF is a leader in the water sector, supporting corporate and government partners to create and meet ambitious goals, particularly in clean water access, sanitation and hygiene (WASH).
With affiliate organizations Global Water Challenge and the U.S. Water Partnership, GETF’s clean water programs uplift communities in more than 60 countries.
We achieve results by:
- Creating and managing multi-stakeholder partnerships for collective action and joint advocacy
- Mobilizing financing and financial co-leverage to achieve scale
- Advising on materiality and risk, partners, stakeholder engagement, communications and target-setting
- Designing and managing high impact, context-driven programs
- Deploying technology and advanced analytics
- Advancing policy, regulatory and industry frameworks
Health and Wellbeing
Communities thrive when all people are healthy.
GETF’s growing Public Health practice is a result of our ability to build and facilitate cross-sector alliances to strengthen health systems and adapt private sector models to address health challenges.
By applying insights and best practices through an expert network, our programs improve access, availability and uptake of live-saving medicines and health services, contribute to safer health service delivery and help ensure water, sanitation and hygiene access in healthcare facilities
With our partners, we achieve pioneering results by:
- Working with Ministries of Health, global health donors, implementing partners and stakeholders to design and deliver new models
- Adapting commercial marketing best practices to encourage healthy behavior and create demand for essential services
- Supporting entrepreneurs to adapt and scale offerings that improve health outcomes
- Inspiring multi-sector involvement and innovation
Photo Credit: Jordan River Foundation
Market-based approaches empower individuals and uplift communities.
By applying private sector capability building approaches, our programs help to develop new economic opportunities and grow small-to-medium enterprises in emerging markets.
Beyond fostering entrepreneurship, our work at the intersection of women’s empowerment and water, sanitation and hygiene has proven to facilitate gender equality by unlocking women and girls’ potential across every social-economic sphere.
We support community development through entrepreneurship and empowerment by:
- Supporting clients to identify, select, evaluate and administer catalytic grants and technical advice to social enterprises
- Incubating and advising early-stage platforms with potential to launch into independent social enterprises
- Designing and managing programs that directly address gender barriers and create economic opportunity
- Building an evidence base for investing in women, youth and girls as a strategy to uplift communities
Sustainability, Innovation and Advisory
Sustainable development cannot be achieved through siloed approaches to impact.
GETF is dedicated to helping organizations develop and test innovative, cross-cutting approaches to promote sustainability broadly.
As an international network of sustainability specialists, we offer a range of expertise including:
- Strategic planning and business case development
- Environmental, social and governance performance management systems
- Program solutions for sustainable practices that balance sustainability, cost and risk
- Incubating high potential new programs, technologies and emerging platforms