Addressing water, energy and sustainability issues is an increasingly complex and dynamic endeavor. Successful efforts to meet these challenges must build on a comprehensive understanding of the local needs and stakeholders, leverage best practices and effective partners and align with the organization’s capabilities and broader vision.
GETF has worked throughout the world to develop data-driven strategies, informed by leading thinkers in the field, that maximize each organization’s potential to make a positive impact on our most pressing global needs. GETF’s practice provides strategic counsel to corporations, foundations, multilateral organizations and U.S. Government agencies through a number of core efforts including:
- Community-Based Program and Strategy Development
- Global Partnership and Coalition Building
- New Technology Venture Analysis and Commercialization
- Strategic Counsel and Project Development
- Technology Assessments & Market Research
- Water-Related Event Management
- Risk Assessment
In the water and energy sectors, GETF provides strategic counsel and consulting service to companies including The Coca-Cola Company, Diageo, U.S. Executive Branch agencies, large foundations, leading NGOs, social enterprises, foreign government agencies and multilateral institutions. GETF also serves as executive secretariat for Global Water Challenge, providing strategic advice to its members which include Cargill, The Coca-Cola Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Ford Motor Company and the Wallace Genetic Foundation.
Client examples of GETF’s strategic planning services include:
- The Coca-Cola Company – Since 2004, GETF has supported The Coca-Cola Company’s water stewardship strategy through a number of activities including strategic planning, program and partnership development, and program management support.
- Founded in 2006, Global Water Challenge (GWC) is a coalition of leading organizations committed to achieving universal access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH). With leading companies, civil society partners and governments, GWC accelerates the delivery of safe water and sanitation through partnerships that catalyze financial support and drive innovation for sustainable solutions. Through GWC’s innovative public-private partnerships, over 1 million people have been reached with clean water access. Leading supporters of Global Water Challenge include Cargill, The Coca-Cola Company, The Dow Chemical Company, Ford Motor Company and the Wallace Genetic Foundation. The Global Environment & Technology Foundation serves as the executive secretariat of Global Water Challenge.